Sunday, 28 April 2013

We're definitely not in Kansas anymore, Toto !


Oh my ! The past few weeks have been an absolute whirlwind ! Since i first launched Forget-me-not-blue out into the world 5 weeks ago (is it really only that long ?!) i have been busy Facebooking, Instagramming and Pinteresting and have well and truly dragged myself out of my cosy little shell. I have learnt so much and 'met' so many lovely people that i really wonder why i waited so long. My Facebook page is such a nice place to be and i am pretty sure i have the best followers EVER. Instagram has such a welcoming crafty community so it is always a pleasure to drop in over there to see what everyone's been up to and Pinterest is a constant source of inspiration and gorgeous images. I am so glad i finally took the plunge and joined in with all the fun !
 Of course there has been much making and selling too, oh yes, indeedy there has. I have been busy making linen lavender hearts, peg bags, cushions and all manner of lovely things for my website and have many more pretties planned when time allows. My new knitted dollies have proved very popular. They are loosely based on a pattern in an old Woolworths craft book given to me in the 70's when i was a child. The original doll had a bright orange afro which i didn't think would appeal so my dollies have rather more tasteful plaits ! Below is Blossom. She has already been adopted by a gorgeous little girl and now i am working on a boy version for her brother :o)
So, all in all, the first few weeks have been better than i ever imagined they would be. I held my first giveaway on Facebook and even gained my first two blog followers ! Hello to you both *waves madly at computer screen* and thank you for following me ! I think i'm really quite liking life outside my shell and don't have any plans to disappear back into it any time soon ! I will be back soon with news of my latest makes but until then, be smiley :o).......................Love Karen x





1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, What a lovely blog! I shall look forward to reading future posts :) I too am very glad I discovered Instagram and all these other sites. It's so lovely to chat to like minded people who have now become very good friends!

    Thanks for a lovely post,

    Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete